visitor pod SOLUTIONS
Get in touch
Get in touch to discuss your immediate requirements with one of our temporary care home visitor pod specialists.
designed to DELIVER
Currently, the world is a very different place to the one we knew at the beginning of 2020. As a result of the Covid-19 pandemic, people and businesses across the world have had to adapt to new ways of living. In 'normal' times, Showplace provides premium quality event buildings and exhibition trailers to household brands at some of the most prestigious events across the UK and Europe. However, this global pandemic has resulted in new uses and benefits for our temporary structures and trailers. Our temporary structures are currently being put to excellent use, with a range of modular buildings and exhibition trailers being deployed as longer-term applications within the care sector. Using our MODA structures to provide quality external visiting rooms, as well as internal partition walls, at care homes, has provided a lifeline for many families who have been separated from their loved ones for far too many months.
A growing number of care homes across the UK, are using Showplace Ltd's visitor pods to reunite residents with their families and friends.
It has been a struggle for many, particularly those with dementia, some of whom are unable to understand why their loved ones have not been visiting. Care homes have done their utmost to maintain contact through video calls and visits through the window but it has still been a tough time for many. Garden visits have taken place in some care homes during the summer, but as the colder months approach, they are no longer a safe and viable option.
Although telephone and video calls have ensured some contact has been maintained, they don’t come close to seeing your family and friends face to face. When using the temporary pods, residents are separated from their visitors by a thin, robust perspex or glass panel with two-way intercom provision if required. All surfaces within the visitor pods are easy to sanitise and there is the option of immersive wall graphics to provide an attractive and tranquil environment for users. Whether you opt for a woodland or beach scene, or boats on the water, our visitor rooms are so much more than a clinical weatherproof shelter.
There are many benefits to our visitor pods.
- The pods can be rapidly deployed on both hard ground (eg. carparks) or on grass and turfed areas
- They usually take only one day to build
- Extra space resource is achievable quickly and efficiently, reducing disruption for both staff and residents
- They can be installed with heating and electricity, perfect for the autumn and winter months
- All materials within our structures comply with strict fire retardancy requirements
- Our pods provide a safe, hygienic, enclosed facility which completely separates visitors and residents
- They are easy to sanitise
- The temporary nature of our pods means you only hire for a duration to suit your care home's needs
- No lengthy contracts
- No planning permission required
- They facilitate meaningful face to face social interaction.
Our modular structures transform into an abundance of design possibilities, whether you are looking to install a ‘one-off’ temporary visitor pod for a short period of time, or whether you need to create a longer term additional space, our structures are available in many sizes including: 5x5m, 6x6m and 12x12m. The unique design of our MODA structures enables them to link together to provide an almost unlimited range of layouts, shapes and sizes for a wide range of uses.
Premium visitor pods
compact and mobile visitor pods
Showplace Ltd can also provide a fleet of mobile trailers, ranging from 4m to 12m in size, which are perfect for compact, mobile visitor pods. There are a number of benefits to using a trailer:
- Their mobility makes them particularly useful for reaching more remote geographical areas
- They can serve multiple sites; perfect for organisations that operate care homes across many sites
- There is no requirement for planning permission for long term installations
- They are economical with space, with some as small as a car park bay.
To find out more about how we can help your care home safely facilitate family visits, please complete the form and we will then contact you to discuss your requirements and demonstrate how we can help.
Care home visitor partitions
For care homes who are struggling to find the required outdoor space for one of our visitor pods, we can install glass/perspex partition walls in an existing room within your building. As with the visitor pods, the partition walls are quick to install and provide a safe, compartmentalised and easy to sanitise solution to ensure that residents can experience face to face interaction with their families and friends.
case study: Care Homes across the UK install showplace pods
Showplace Ltd's visitor pods have now been installed in a growing number of care homes across the UK, with our most recent projects in the West Midlands, South East and South West. To find out what some of our customers think of our visitors pods, please visit our news page.
GET IN TOUCH
Get in touch to discuss your project with one of our temporary structure specialists to find the solutions that fit your business.