As our range of visiting pods for care homes continues to expand, it is time to shine the spotlight on our demountable pods.
With two size options available, our demountable visitor pods have become increasingly popular with care homes across the UK. They are particularly useful for care home groups with multiple sites due to the mobile nature of these pods.
In November, Horsell Lodge care home in Woking, Surrey, took delivery of a Showplace demountable pod. As part of the Caring Homes group, Horsell Lodge will benefit from the pod for an agreed period of time. The pod will then move on to provide visiting opportunities for residents in another care home within the group.
The demountable visiting pod is certainly ideal for those who would benefit from a solution which can be shared between multiple locations in a relatively short period of time. They are all fitted with an electrical supply, lighting and heating, so once installed, the pods are ready to go. Also boasting vinyl flooring and wipe clean surfaces throughout, the pods are extremely easy to sanitise between visits as well as between site relocations. When moving between homes, care groups can transport the mobile visitor pods themselves, or alternatively, the Showplace team can provide a fully managed service.
Situated on the Isle of Wight, The Limes care home opted to purchase one of our mobile visiting pods, complete with chassis so they can move it themselves. Whilst perfect for enabling residents to receive visitors as we continue to battle through this pandemic, The Limes also has longer term plans for the pod. In the future, post Covid, it will provide them with a promotional opportunity, enabling them to attend events and shows across various destinations.
Showplace Ltd’s demountable care home visiting pods are available to purchase or to hire depending on the specific requirements of each customer. Currently, we have six on hire at homes across the UK with more than 25 having been purchased. Advinia Health Care has recently commissioned Showplace Ltd to install demountable visiting pods at 16 of their care homes.
During the summer, Hartford Care’s Ashley Grange care home in Salisbury, initially opted to hire one of our premium visitor pods. Having successfully used this for several months, they have now moved to a demountable pod rental.
As standard, the demountable pods have a white exterior but we do offer a graphic wrap service to enhance their look!
Transported to care homes by trailer, we lower our demountable pods to ground level. This removes the need for steps, ramps or lifts and allows easier access to the visiting facility for wheelchair users.
It is true that there are many benefits to our demountable visiting pods and here are the reasons why we think they are perfect for any care home, big or small!
- They are mobile and can be used across multiple sites
- With a 3.6m and a 4.8m model available, differing space requirements can be met
- They can fit within a carpark space!
- They can be purchased or hired, providing some financial flexibility
- As this is a mobile unit, planning permission is not required
- Cost is reduced as there is no requirement for purchasing a trailer chassis
- The demountable pods can be positioned on any surface such as hard ground (eg. car parks) or soft ground
- Fitted with non-slip wood laminate flooring and wipe clean surfaces, the pods are safe and easy to sanitise between uses and locations
- The pods are fitted with an electrical supply and lighting, which is perfect for short, winter days
- Access to the demountable pods is at ground level so ramps or lifts are not needed
- They provide an opportunity for customers to choose their own internal graphics, designs and décor
- A comprehensive, logistical support service is available for multi-site use
- They can be used for many different purposes. For the long-term, the central partition can be removed to create one space
- Once delivered and installed, they are ready for immediate use!
To find out more about our demountable care home visiting pods, or any other visiting pods within our range, please call the Showplace team on 01789 262701 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.