At the beginning of December, Showplace were busy installing internal care home visiting pods for Solehawk Ltd. Based in Newcastle-upon-Tyne, Solehawk Ltd. runs a group of care homes across the north east of England and the owners and management team were keen to facilitate safe, indoor visits for their residents.
Every indoor pod was built as a 3m x 2 m structure and installed with a two-way speaker system and a hearing loop. Whilst our range of outdoor pods are extremely popular, by opting for an indoor solution, Solehawk’s care home residents across all sites can receive visits from family members without having to venture outside and brave the cold during the winter months. Usually taking only a few hours to install, the indoor pods are perfect for care homes with external access. There are many other benefits to our indoor pods too!
Our indoor care home visiting pods will:
- Provide a safe environment for residents to see family and loved ones
- Separate residents from visitors with glass or Perspex walls to minimise the spread of germs
- Provide easy to clean surfaces for quick yet thorough decontamination between visits
- Have a positive impact on the health and wellbeing of residents and families, enabling them to reunite
- Provide residents with much needed privacy to talk openly with their visitors
- Encourage future residents to commit to your care home, knowing they can regularly see family
- Provide your care home with a USP over other homes in your area that cannot facilitate visits
- Safely utilise current space within the care home for visiting purposes, without the need to purchase additional external space solutions
- Facilitate all weather visits. They are perfect for visiting 365 days a year, whatever the weather!
- Provide a temporary solution for a duration to suit your care home’s specific requirements
- Qualify for grant funding in some areas to cover the cost of installing one of our pods.
If you would like to find out more about our range of indoor visitor pod solutions, and how Showplace can help your care home to safely welcome visitors, please call us on 01789 262701 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.